Our Commitment to Your Privacy
What information do we collect? And how do we use it?
- When you order, we need to know your name, e-mail address, mailing address, credit card number, and expiration date. This allows us to process and fulfill your order, as well as notify you of order status updates.
- You may be asked to submit the name, e-mail address, mailing address, and telephone number of people other than yourself. This is used specifically when you have specified a separate ship-to address, such as a direct ship gift order, etc. and allows us to fulfill your order as requested.
- When you enter a contest or other promotion, we ask for your name, address, and e-mail address so we can notify contest winners.
- We may use the information collected to notify you about important changes, revisions, or recalls to any products or services you order.
- Your IP address is used to help identify you and your shopping cart. We may also use your IP address to help diagnose processing problems with your order.
How does Ramsey Electronics® protect customer and personal information?
When you place an order or access your account information online at http://www.ramseyelectronics.com we utilize a secure server connection. The secure server software (SSL) encrypts all information you input before it is sent to us and is protected against unauthorized access by anyone else other than Ramsey Electronics®. The SSL software is provided by Verisign. The SSL certificate identity and authenticity can be verified at any time by clicking the Verisign seal on our web site.
While account name and contact information is stored securely on our SSL servers, we do not retain any credit card or financial information. This is why you need to re-enter credit card information for every order.
Telephone, mail, or walk-in orders
When placing a telephone order with our Customer Service Representatives, your account name and contact information is stored securely on our local servers and is encrypted to prevent unauthorized access. If requested by frequent customers, dealers, distributors, or commercial accounts, payment information is stored securely on our local servers and is encrypted to prevent unauthorized access.
Safeguarding your personal information
- We do not give out any customer personal information unless you authorize us to do so to resolve a specific issue.
- We give you the opportunity to update your personal information at any time.
- We do not share purchase history or other marketing information with any outside companies or organizations.
- We take extra steps to protect the safety and privacy of children and require parental consent before collecting any information or processing any orders for children under 13.
- We use secure encrypted technology, privacy protection controls, and enhanced user security techniques on employee access to data in order to safeguard your personal information.
What about web site "cookies"?
"Cookies" are small pieces of information stored by your browser on your computer's hard drive. Our cookies contain NO personally identifying information, but they do enable us to provide common personalized features such as automatically identifying your account in order to store items in your shopping cart between visits, repeat online forum identification, and other user-friendly browsing features. Most Web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you may change your browser settings to prevent this. Even with cookies disabled on your browser you are still able to browse and place orders online with Ramsey.
Tracking cookies, identity cookies, marketing cookies, and other forms of adware, malware, and spyware are NEVER utilized within our web sites.
Ramsey Electronics® sends catalogs to both customers and those individuals that have specifically requested a catalog. If you do not wish to receive our catalogs, please contact us at 800-446-2295 or contact us online.
Occasionally we may share a portion of catalog mailing list with other very reputable electronic publications we feel would be of interest to our customers. If you do not wish your mailing address to be provided to such publications, please contact us at 800-446-2295 or contact us online.
All of us at Ramsey Electronics® hate spam and unsolicited email as much as you do! We do not, under any circumstances, give out, provide, or otherwise share your email address with any outside party, period.
How do I update or change my information?
You may update, change, or request removal of any information related to your account with Ramsey Electronics online by accessing your account profile on our web site, calling us at 800-446-2295, or writing to us at the address below.
590 Fishers Station Drive
Victor, NY 14564